Art forgery became a serious problem in the current art market. It is estimated that up to half of the works of art on the market are "false". Many of us cannot even imagine what the market of forged art actually means and what consequences it may have. Melita Fodor Gwerková will address the topic of art forgery, focusing in particular on:
- beginnings of art forgery and current numbers
- who and why falsifies art or the most famous art forgers
- forged art - crime or fun?
- can a forgery be recognized?
- the consequences of an "infested" market and new methods against art forgery
The lecture is the first of the serie "The Dark Side of the Art", in which we will also look at smuggling of art works, theft and vandalism of art.
Location: Art Books Coffee, Baštová 6 / B, Bratislava
Date: Wednesday, June 19th, 2019